Magesi FC mentor Owen Da Gama has commented on the reports of Samuel Darpoh leaving the Limpopo club at the end of the 2024/25 Betway Premiership campaign.
The Ghanaian has been a key member of Dikwena Tsa Meetse in the middle of the park since the club’s promotion to the Betway Premiership this season.
So far, the 27-year-old has featured in 23 games across all competitions for Magesi in the 2024/25 term.
He was part of the squad that won the Carling Knockout Cup when they defeated Mamelodi Sundowns 2-1 in the final at the Free State Stadium in Bloemfontein last November.
However, the defensive midfielder was not part of the matchday squad when Magesi locked horns with Marumo Gallants in a Betway Premiership tie at Seshego Stadium on Saturday afternoon. The game ended in a 1-1 scoreline.
As things stand, Magesi are safe from relegation, placed 13th on the league table with 30 points after 27 matches.

OWEN DA GAMA RESPOND TO SAMUEL DARPOH LEAVING MAGESI
Da Gama revealed to this publication that they aren’t aware that Darpoh will be leaving the team at the end of the season.
But two days ago, the player’s agent, Mike Makaab, confirmed to this website that his client will leave Magesi when his contract expires next month.
“I don’t know where that news came from. But I see Mike Makaab was quoted there. Unless he [Samuel Darpoh] has signed a pre-contract somewhere, and we don’t know,” Da Gama told FARPost.
“But the team hasn’t spoken to him yet, and he hasn’t told the team anything so far. So, I’m sure we will hear from the management about the way forward when the season comes to an end.”
The Da Gama-coached side will play their last game of the season against Orlando Pirates on Wednesday, 28 May, away from home.
The showdown will take place at Orlando Stadium in Soweto, with the kick-off set for 19:30.
RELATED STORY:ย Tlou Segolela opens up on working relationship with Owen Da Gama