Please read these terms and conditions carefully before accessing this website, https://farpost.co.za/ (the “Site”), as well as the official FARPost app and all other official FARPost digital products (together “Digital Products”), as operated by FARPost (“we”, “us”, and/or “our”).
2. FARPost is open to registered users of FARPost and entry into FARPost is open to both South African and non-South African residents aged 16 and over where its operation and the prizes are permitted. Any entry into FARPost is void where operating it would be prohibited by law. If you are under 18 years of age, special conditions may attach to any prize that you may be awarded.
3. Employees, contractors or agents of promoters, their group companies or family members, freelance contributors, anyone else connected to FARPost and their family members can enter FARPost but shall not be eligible to win any prize and their entries shall be deemed void for the purposes of determining prize winners.
4. By entering FARPost you are accepting these terms and conditions. These terms and conditions shall be effective for all entries into FARPost and shall supersede and extinguish any other terms and conditions in respect of FARPost.
5. The rules of FARPost shall be governed by the game rules which are available at https://farpost.co.za/. If there is any conflict between any of the provisions of these terms and conditions and the game rules, the provisions of these terms and conditions shall prevail.
6. Promoter reserves the right to alter, amend or otherwise change these terms and conditions and/or the game rules in its absolute discretion. Promoter shall not be liable as a result of any such change and you are advised to check these terms and conditions and the game rules regularly from time to time.
7. Promoter’s decision in respect of, or in connection with, these terms and conditions, the game rules and the interpretation thereof shall be final and made in its absolute discretion.
9. In order to enter FARPost you must comply with the eligibility requirements set out a paragraph 2 of these terms and conditions and submit your entry on FARPost. In entering FARPost, you confirm that you are eligible to do so. The Promoter may require you to provide proof that you are eligible to enter FARPost.
10. There is no closing date for entries into FARPost, however deadlines shall apply (in accordance with the game rules) by which time you must have entered FARPost in order to qualify for points awarded in respect of any specific week.
11. You must ensure that you have provided and registered a valid email address in connection with your entry into FARPost. An entry without a valid email address will be void. No purchase is necessary to enter FARPost and purchase of any item does not enhance your chance of winning.
12. Only one entry per person into FARPost is permitted. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed.
13. Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected, incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason.
14. Promoter reserves the right to suspend, delete and/or require to be modified any user created names (including team and/or league names) that are deemed inappropriate by promoter and may suspend or disqualify the relevant player from FARPost and/or terminate their user account, team or league without notice. Inappropriate names may include those which are offensive and/or infringe a third party’s rights.
15. Any and all prizes awarded in respect of FARPost are non-exchangeable, non-transferable and not redeemable for cash or any other prize and must not be offered for sale or reward to any third party.
16. Promoter reserves the right to alter, amend or substitute any prize with an alternative of similar value in the event that the original prize offered is not available. Prizes shall be awarded in accordance with the criteria as determined by the promoter.
17. All prizes are subject to compliance with the terms and conditions which attach to the relevant prize (or part of a prize) from time to time (whether third party terms and conditions or promoter’s own terms and conditions) and promoter shall not be liable or held responsible for any winner’s or their invited guest’s failure or inability to comply with such terms and conditions.
18. Prizes do not include any associated costs or expenses including internet connectivity, travel, visas (or other travel documentation), insurance, transfers to and from airports, stations or ports, food and drink, spending money, or personal expenses. Any other costs incurred in addition to and including those set out above and that are incidental to the fulfilment of the prize are the responsibility of the winner(s).
19. In the event that any winner of a prize in accordance with this paragraph 15 is under 18 years of age, Promoter may impose such conditions as are reasonably necessary to ensure that the terms and conditions attached to the relevant prize are complied with.
20. If a winner does not respond to promoter within 14 days of being notified of their win, that winner’s prize will be forfeited. The promoter reserves the right to select another winner to receive such forfeited prize (and that winner will also have to respond to notification of their win within 14 days or else they will also forfeit their prize).
21. If a winner rejects their prize or the entry is invalid or in breach of these terms, that winner’s prize will be forfeited and promoter shall be entitled to select another winner.
22. You hereby consent to the use by promoter and its related companies, for an unlimited time, of your voice, still and moving images and name for publicity purposes (in any medium, including still photographs and films, and on the internet, including any websites hosted by the promoter and its related companies) and in advertising, marketing or promotional material without additional compensation or prior notice.
23. Winners may be required to participate in publicity related to FARPost which may include the publication of their name and photograph in any media.
25. Where you have consented to receive marketing communications from any person other than the promoter, your details may be passed to such person(s) and organisation(s) that you have consented to receiving marketing communications from.
26. PROHIBITED BEHAVIOURS
You may not attempt to cheat or manipulate the FARPost game in any way.
Collusion between players in any way, including attempting to manipulate the FARPost game is strictly forbidden.
You may not attempt to modify, decompile, reverse-engineer or disassemble any of the FARPost software in any way.
You may not play FARPost through more than one account.
The use of bots or software programs which replace the user in picking teams, joining leagues or replace the user in any other way is strictly forbidden.
In the event of any breach by you of these terms and conditions or the game rules, promoter reserves the right to suspend and/or disqualify you from FARPost either temporarily or permanently.
Nothing in these terms and conditions limits or excludes promoter’s liability for (i) death or personal injury caused by promoter’s negligence; (ii) liability arising from fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or (iii) any other reason or by any cause which cannot be excluded by law.
Promoter accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering FARPost or accepting the prize. Promoter further disclaims any liability for any injury or damage to your or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with FARPost.
Promoter shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations relating to FARPost where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
Promoter makes no guarantee that FARPost shall be available at all times and no warranty as to accurateness or completeness of any of the content on FARPost.
Promoter reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify, discontinue, temporarily or permanently, FARPost with or without prior notice (due to reasons outside its reasonable control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud)). In the event that promoter permanently discontinues FARPost pursuant to this paragraph, you shall be released from your obligations to promoter under these terms and conditions.
You are forbidden from using rude or obscene language when naming your team. You are also forbidden from uploading rude or obscene images as your league cover image or avatar image. Should you use rude or obscene language or images, your team name and image uploading rights will be immediately revoked and you may be suspended from playing the game. The promoter’s decision in this regard is final.
If any provision or part-provision of these terms and conditions is or becomes invalid, illegal or unenforceable, it shall be deemed deleted, but that shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the rest of these terms and conditions.
If there is any ambiguity around the meaning or interpretation of these terms and conditions as they are translated into different languages, it is the meaning or interpretation as defined in the English language version that will prevail.
FARPost and these terms and conditions will be governed by South African law and entrants to FARPost submit to the jurisdiction of the South African courts. Regardless of this, you may have statutory and/or consumer rights where you live which apply and your local law may apply in some circumstances.