Golden Arrows coach Manqoba Mngqithi has given an update on the long-term injury of striker Lungelo Nguse and further transfer plans for the club.
Nguse was sidelined for most of the previous season after sustaining a serious injury in the early stages of the 2024/25 campaign.
His last match was against SuperSport United, which ended in a 0-0 draw in the first round of the Betway Premiership.
Mngqithi says the 26-year-old striker, who’s now back in training, will be returning to action “very soon”, giving them a boost in the striking department.
LUNGELO NGUSE TO RETURN TO ACTION ‘VERY SOON’
“It’s a big point [signing more forwards], we’re looking in that space,” said Mngqithi during the press conference after their 0-0 draw against Magesi FC on Wednesday night at the King Zwelithini Stadium.

“We’re also saying to ourselves, maybe we can buy ourselves a little bit of time because we also have Nguse, who might be coming back very soon.
“And Thokozani Khumalo has what it takes [to perform]. If he can be a little bit more confident, he’s a good [goal] scorer. I’m confident that with the season progressing, there’s a big chance he can give us a little bit more.”
Mngqithi added that they will sign two more players to reinforce the team before the transfer window shuts down. He explained that he is carefully considering who they will bring in.
“But it is the truth that we are looking [at signing more players], but I don’t want to rush and end up signing somebody that is not going to help us,” added Mngithi.
“I still have two signings that I have to make. I’m very excited about what I believe I can get from those signings.”
Abafana Bes’thende have won two matches, lost one, and drawn one of their first four Betway Premiership matches. They are currently in fourth place in the league standings, having collected seven points so far.
RELATED STORY: Sekhukhune share spoils with AmaZulu, Arrows edge Magesi